Ga Vacation- Day 2

We landed safely in Savannah around 10:30am on Wednesday morning. My sister came to pick us up and filled me in on all the drama in her life on the way to my parents' house.

It took about an hour and half for me to settle in and head for the nearest sushi place. We met my sister at Sushi Zen I ordered enough sushi to choke a horse. I don't even remember what all we had. I'm pretty sure there was a Mexican Roll, because it's fried shrimp and Dev will eat that. I'm also sure there was tuna and salmon involved in some way, as well as eel and avocado.

Dev and I drove around town for a little while, trying to get a sense of what had changed in the year since I'd been home to visit. Not much is the answer to that question!

That afternoon I decided to make dinner for my family. Mom wanted me to use some chicken she had in the freezer- that's easy enough. I defrosted it and began looking around for something to bread it with. I thought I'd make oven fried chicken fingers. Unfortunately, not much cooking goes on in my parents' kitchen anymore, and I couldn't find anything like bread crumbs or crackers. So I did the best with what I had...I breaded the chicken with crushed cheez-its. And I must say, it didn't turn out badly. I served the Cheez-it chicken with smashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.

Culinarily speaking, Day 2 wasn't that bad!

Comments

Popular Posts