Ugh!!!

I really am sad that summer is over. Really I am. But...

If school doesn't start soon, and I don't start getting some subbing jobs immediately...I AM GOING TO GO STARK RAVING CRAZY!!!!!

I think being a housewife is only truly enjoyed by those who fall into either or both of these two categories:

1- Independently Wealthy People
2- People with Small Children

I don't fall into either of those categories. And I am going insane. It was ok when Dev went to work and I had the house to set up (and arguably, there is still some of that to do) but now that all the fun stuff is done, I have a raging case of cabin fever.

There are only so many times in a day you can keep checking your friends' facebook status, or checking sub finder to see if anyone is planning to be sick the first day of school, or measuring the tomatoes on the plant to see if they've grown any today.

I was so nutted up this morning that I actually sat on the couch, waiting for the mailman, so I could introduce myself and have at least a tiny, meaningful conversation.

I also went to the store and bought a bag of Hershey's Miniatures. I then proceeded to write a short blurb about what a great substitute teacher I will be. I taped a note to each little candy bar, then drove to the school, where I put a candy bar in each teachers' box. HOW SAD AM I?????

Comments

Diane said…
You've been at it a couple of weeks - try it for 3 months - with no Devin!
Mimi said…
You know...I don't think it would be as bad if I still lived in Savannah, because I'd still have my friends to bum around with, but here, where we don't know that many people yet, I just feel isolated.
Sammie said…
Hi Mimi,

You could be knitting! I have been a stay-at-home wife/grandma/Mom for over 30 years now - you get so used to it after a while that you wonder how you ever had time to go to work! There are so many things to do around the house and garden. I'm sure you will be as busy as a bee substitute teaching as soon as school starts back!

Sammie

Popular Posts