Alamosa

I have been getting some comments on my blog posts recently. This makes me very happy. It makes me feel like maybe I'm helping someone, or at the very least entertaining someone.
One person in particular left an amusing comment on my Easter Dinner blog. She seemed very happy to read that I was able to find the more fancy ingredients for my dinner at our local grocery stores.
This comment made me laugh....because last July when I came for a brief visit (prior to THE BIG MOVE), one of the first things I did was tour the local grocery stores, to make sure I was not going to have to have things flown in. Specifically, I was interested in the cheese selection.
I am a confirmed cheese snob. I love cheese, but I love good cheese. I try to avoid any cheese that is extruded onto plastic sheeting. Because I love cheese and I love to cook, I am used to a certain level of grocery quality.
I am happy to report that since coming to Alamosa, not only have I continued to find excellent ingredients, but I have also learned about new things that I was not able to get on the East Coast. I am learning about different types of chili peppers and their applications. I am also learning about elk meat and how to use it. Recently, Dev and I have made forays into the realms of cheesemaking and pasta making.
All in all I'd say I am very happy and satisfied with my culinary situation.
So, if my new blog friend is willing to give this area a chance, I think she, too, will be happy here.

Comments

michelle said…
Well... she's also behind in keeping up with her blog reading! :)

Funny thing - one of the things on my "list of things to do" next month is to check out the grocery stores!! I've also been meaning to ask if your cable provider offers the Food Network... because lack of that might just be a deal breaker! ;)

Popular Posts