"Keeping Mum"

Dev and I rented a movie this weekend entitled "Keeping Mum." It had 2 of my favorite British actors in it- Maggie Smith and Rowan Atkinson.
I think everyone should run out right now and rent this movie. It was pretty dirn good. It wasn't the usual Rowan Atkinson "Mr. Bean" kinda movie. Neither was it a huge period piece like other Maggie Smith epics. It was truly bizarre. I can't really say much about it without giving things away, but Rowan Atkinson once again plays a small parish reverend (as if he could top his small, but gut wrenchingly funny role in "Four Weddings and a Funeral." Who could ever forget the Father, Son and Holy Spigot line?). Adding even further weirdness to the cast is Patrick Swayzie, as a pompous, perverted American golf pro. Kristin Scott Thomas is also in the movie. I've never been a huge fan of hers (I got a little overdosed when she was dying in the cave during "The English Patient.").
But seriously, if you have a couple of hours to kill next weekend, go to Blockbuster (believe me, if my Blockbuster had it, yours will) and rent this one. It's not cerebral, it doesn't take on the problems of the world, but it made me laugh. Sometimes that's all you need!

Comments

Popular Posts