Tuesdays

Tuesdays are long days for me. I sing in the Adams State Community Chorus and we have rehearsals from 7 to 9pm on Tuesday nights.
This particular Tuesday was long because I also had a really big meeting today that I've been preparing for and kinda dreading for over a week now. The meeting turned out ok, but after it was over, I felt drained. I felt like going home and vegitating. But I didn't. I took my fiance out for a nice steak, then dutifully showed up for rehearsal.
Now that I'm home, I feel restless. Hopefully I won't have another one of those sleepless nights. Perhaps I should take some Valerian root right now, to give my sleepiness a boost. I can't take Tylenol PM or Sominex because they both make me feel hung over the next day. I have another mammoth meeting tomorrow morning (and I have to keep the minutes- which means I can't fall asleep). No rest for the wicked, I suppose.
There was one very bright spot in my day, however. My wonderful fiance brought me flowers at work today. It isn't even my birthday or an anniversary or anything. He is such a sweetie. He made my Tuesday much better.... :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Well, I guess I am out of touch. When did he become your fiance'. I was not notified of this event. Not that I have a problem with it, but I just didn't know. I am very happy for you both. But, I think as the sister I shouldn't have to read a blog to find this stuff out! Congratulations, and take advantage of the sweetness now..after 18 years that considered doing your laundry and having the need to point it out, so the he gets credit for it...LOL Love you, Cindy
Anonymous said…
finace!!!!!!! congrats you crazy woman!!!
heidi

Popular Posts