Weekend

I was glad to read in my friend Tonya's blog that she had a good Saturday. She deserves it. I, on the other hand, did not. My weekend started with great promise. I left work around noon, picked Dev up at school and we had a picture perfect lunch at the Pizza Den. Wine, salads, caribbean shrimp pizza and Godiva chocolate cheesecake. It's enough to make you weep, huh? Well, the perfectness didn't last long...
Saturday morning I was rattling around in the kitchen, trying to get breakfast done, when I burned the shizzle out of my arm taking cheese toast out of the oven. Dealing with that made me run late getting dressed. Then I had to ride to Taos for a dress rehearsal. We got lost twice, and the rehearsal ran an hour longer than advertised. I got home around 6:00p. Dev tried to make it up to me by taking me to the brew pub for dinner. And dinner was nice. Saturday is sushi day, after all.
Sunday rolls around and I am preparing to cook Sunday dinner. After peeling, cleaning and cubing a beautiful butternut squash, I roasted it with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme and sage. I pulled it out of the oven, all golden brown and beautiful. I set it on the stove. I turned around to talk to Dev. The pan falls off the stove and all over the kitchen floor. After bursting into tears, I scoop the squash up off the floor and clean up the olive oil slick. Dev is there, helping me and listening to me snivel. It will surprise no one who knows me that we are still eating that butternut squash. It is bound for a gratin dish with some additional fresh herbs, pesto and parmesan cheese.
I hope the remainder of my Sunday is disaster free.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
ARGH! This story is reminiscent (sp) of the pizza incident in Statesboro when I fliped the pizza cheese side down in the oven - I was heart broken and quite upset....here's to better days ahead...at least you have one of the sweetest guys on the planet there to help you heal. Di

Popular Posts