Cavalcade of Fun on the Road

Friday, Di and I decided to scrape ourselves off the couch and take a trip to Bluffton, SC.

She had heard about a neat thrift store there where Habitat for Humanity sells building materials it can't use in its houses.

As a side trip, we were going to meet her friend Doug for lunch. He chose the Maye River Grille. What a great suggestion!

I ordered the blackened catfish. It came with perfectly steamed veggies and a new potato.



Di had the crabcakes and Doug had the cheese/sausage tortellini. Everyone's meal was great. We sat at the bar, where we could watch the food being prepared. What a treat that was! The kitchen is not huge, but very efficient. The food we saw coming out of there made our mouths water. Next time I go, I'll spend more time watching the cooking before I order my meal. And I'll also go at night, where the standard bar treat is crispy fried potatoes sprinkled with gorganzola cheese. What's not to like about that?

A million thanks to Doug for suggesting the location (and paying for lunch!).

After lunch we visited several thrift stores, including one that had children's play houses set up outside.

Here's Di showing us that she knows her way around any kitchen, no matter how small...



I hope Dev doesn't see this and think it's this easy to get rid of me....



In one of the stores we looked through, I found this book. The subject matter seemed a little odd to me.



After all, what if your wife is a quick study and decides to put this knowledge to use before you are ready?

I cooked dinner when I got home...which included this beautiful corn my Mom bought last week...



This post should catch me up on my vacation so far.

I'm planning on blogging some flank steak I'm making for dinner tonight, so stay
tuned to see how that turns out....

Comments

That book has me intrigued!

Popular Posts