A Mighty Good Weekend!

Dev and I got back around 8pm last night from our weekend trip to Montrose to celebrate his parents' anniversary. We had a great trip!

We left after Dev got home from class Friday morning. It was his last day of class until June 14th, so he was pretty psyched. Our plan was to pack a picnic lunch and stop to fish at a lake between here and Montrose.

We found the lake, and it was beautiful, but it was also colder than the arctic circle and infested with clouds of huge mosquitos. Here' a pic of our picnic spot (we ended up eating in the truck- but the scenery was beautiful!).



I don't remember what the name of the lake was...something like Rio Grande Reservoir, or something like that. It was north of Creede on Highway 149.

Anyway- we also had some company at lunch- there were geese and ducks everywhere...



After lunch, we toddled on down the road and saw a beautiful waterfall right off the main highway- so of course we stopped to get a picture!



We were greeted in Montrose with a dinner of Navajo Tacos. I had never heard of these before, but it's basically Indian fry-bread that you load with whatever taco fixings you want. I used refried beans, ground beef, cheese, tomatoes and a tiny bit of taco sauce.

After dinner we retired to the back porch and had a piece of the best pie I think I've ever tasted. Dev's mom made a rhubarb-raspberry pie, and it was amazing. The filling wasn't too sweet, and the crust was sweet and flaky- true perfection! I had to take a picture of it for the blog!



The evening ended with a stroll through the patch of iris' Dev's mom planted. Two weeks ago they were perfect- but even towards the end of the blooming, they are still beautiful.



Saturday was spent getting things ready for lunch. Dev's sister and her two kids and 2 grandkids all came over for an afternoon cook-out. We threw hamburgers and steaks on the grill, and had scalloped potatoes and salad. I didn't take any pics, but I should have....bad blogger.

We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie that night. I'll post more on that later, when I've found the words to express my pain. Ugh.

I am in the process of posting the rest of the pics from the trip on my flickr page, so if you are curious, go on over and take a look.

Comments

Anonymous said…
>> I'll post more on that later, when I've found the words to express my pain. Ugh.

Oh no...
Mimi said…
Tee-

Yeah, it was bad. I won't spoil it for you, because you do need to go see it.
I like that they let him age, and that they brought back Karen Allen and didn't airbrush the hell out of her.
But that's about it.
brooks1986 said…
damn - I was really looking forward to seeing this. Should I wait for the DVD?

You, and your blog, must be rubbing off on me. Sunday, I was flipping through the channels waiting for a baseball game to come on and I settled on Paula Deen. I must confess that I have NEVER, EVER watched a cooking show, so it has to be your influence!

Popular Posts