Chris

Chris...

I've been friends with Chris only slightly less time than I've been friends with Lizard. I met her in 9th grade, and I met Chris in 10th grade.

There are certain people you meet in life with whom you instantly connect. Chris is one of those people for me. From the first day he tranferred to my high school, we were fast friends. Our relationship has seen its share of ups and downs. Sometimes we are exactly what the other one needs, and other times we are awful for/to each other. So goes a great friendship, I suppose.

Chris came and picked me up at Diane's office Monday afternoon. He lives in Statesboro now, because he teaches in the Interior Design department at Georgia Southern University.

I didn't take many pics during our visit, because frankly we were too busy talking. I think we talked non-stop between Monday around 4pm and Wednesday around 1pm, when he dropped me off at home. But that's what we were supposed to do. We had lots of catching up to do.

I did manage to take a pic of his miniature Dachsund, Edie...



And his bassett hound, Winston...



And the landscaping he started in his backyard...



Tuesday morning we went out for breakfast. He took me to a great little bakery called Sugar Magnolia's...



I had a croissant stuffed with Virginia Ham and cheddar cheese. It was really yummie. Everyone should go there and order one.



After going to the store and purchasing groceries to make dinner for a few of Chris' friends Tuesday night, we went to see "The Happening." It was funny, but I don't think it was supposed to be.

Now don't get me wrong, I loves me some Markie Mark just like the next girl- but honey, please.

I won't give away the ending, although I truly think you should save the cash. I'll just leave it at this....I'll never be able to look at ficus trees again without bursting into laughter. The best thing about the movie was all the jokes it spawned after we saw it. Vegetarians thought they were safe- but believe me they are not!

We left for Savannah Wednesday morning, to meet our friend Jim at the New South Cafe for lunch.



I had the fried green tomatoes. They were very good, but not the best I'd ever had. I want to go back and try something else more substantial. I really wasn't hungry when we got there. Next time I'll save up and go for broke. Here are my fried green tomatoes...



Chris took me home after lunch. I hope I get to work in another visit before I fly back to Colorado. I didn't get enough of my Chris fix!!

Comments

Popular Posts