Day Two- But Who's Counting?

Day Two has been relatively low-key but very reminiscent of summers past.

After dropping Mom of at work, I went by Di's, and we jumped in Mrs. Ticklefeather and hit the town.

We bopped around World Market for a little while (they have these little packets of barbecue almonds that I love and can't find anywhere else), then headed out to Brighter Day (a natural foods market) to look for quinoa. I figured if anyone in Savannah would have it, they would. And they did.

My stomach decided we needed to have lunch next, so we called Suz and she met us at B. Matthews for lunch.

B. Matthews has a wonderful menu and consistently good food and service. I'm not sure why I don't think of them for lunch more often when I'm in town.

B. Matthews Eatery is located at 325 East Bay Street in Savannah, GA. They offer indoor or outdoor seating. Here's a picture of Di and Suz I snapped while we were waiting for our lunch.



Suz ordered a chicken salad sandwich, and Di and I split a black-eyed pea cake sandwich. I didn't taste Suz's lunch, but our sandwich was PERFECT!!! Here's a pic...



After lunch we decided to walk down Broughton Street to a little bead shop. As we passed Johnson Square, there was a lunchtime concert going on, and the square was packed!



I started turning into a lobster on the way back to the car, so we went back to their house and chilled out a while. After deciding what we wanted for dinner, it was back out on the road to find some shrimp.

Going down Abercorn Street, Di noticed a rather strange billboard. I'm not sure what a "teen fire" is, but I'm all for it if I get to choose which teens are the kindling. Here's a shot of the board.



After retrieving our groceries, it was back to the house for more hanging out. Here's a shot of Suz's cat, Phoebe, relaxing under the trampoline. She's such a cutie!



Here's Di posing with the gift I brought her....it's a beer apron, complete with little cloth coasters tucked in the pocket.



My friend Heidi, her husband Adam and their son Carlos joined us for dinner. Here is a shot of Suz on the trampoline with Carlos. I am loading more shots of the trampoline light saber battle on my flickr page.



Di made some delicious fried shrimp for dinner. She also offered sweet potato fries. Heidi contributed home made guacamole and cole slaw. It was a wonderful meal, eaten outside in the backyard. Here's Di fryin' some shrimp...



And here's a shot of our lovely dinner on the lawn...



It was a wonderful evening, and one I hope will be repeated before I leave. It doesn't get much better than good food and good friends.

Happy Summer!

PS- Dev I still miss you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good times indeed, its been a while since I fried up a batch of shrimp and it was great that it was nice enough to eat outside. :) Di

Popular Posts