I love long weekends...
Dev and I left Friday afternoon for his parents' house in Montrose, CO. We had a spot of good luck because Dev's afternoon Geography class (a real snoozer) was cancelled. PLUS it was sushi day at the local coffee shop. I LOVE those kinda days. The soup of the day was seafood bisque. I thought it was excellent. Dev nearly puked because they snuck squid in there on him. The first bite, he hauled up a purplish, tentacled thing on his spoon and that was it for him. I like squid, but was still surprised they put it in seafood bisque. Usually that is made of calmer stuff, like shrimp and scallops. Anyway, I got to eat my bowl and his. He seemed to like the sushi rolls I ordered. I always feel guilty on sushi days, because I don't think he gets enough lunch. Maybe I should just bring him a cheeseburger.
Anyway, we struck out on the road just before 2pm. The weather in Alamosa was gorgeous (nearly 40 degrees). As we travelled, however, conditions slightly deteriorated. We ended up with some packed snow on the road going over one of the passes and in the canyon. We made the trip fine, in spite of the weather. The drive is so beautiful, and it changes everytime we do it.
We had a lot of fun in Montrose. I actually sewed an apron, pretty much all by myself. Dev's mom Eleanor, stood over me and told me what to do, but I did it. And the apron looks like I did it. Truthfully, it looks like a 4th grader sewed it, but I don't care. I made it and it's mine. And if I ever get my sewing machine fixed, I'm going to make a digital cammo patterned one for Dev....heehee.......
I'll write more later, but I'm late getting lunch and going to the campus to attend a lunch lecture on subjective probability. You know that will be an interesting blog post.

Comments

Popular Posts