Leaving Home

Well, after many months of waiting and preparing, it's time for me to pull up my tent stakes and move to Alamosa, CO.
When truck-loading day arrived, I had muchas help. Not only did my family and friends show up (many thanks to my brother-in-law Ron and my bestest friends Diane and Suzanne and my mom), but some of my students and their families came to help as well (again, much love to Alan and his mom and brother, William and his grandmother, Jason and his mom and dad). I also must thank my significant other (who made the whole trip necessary and possible), Devin. He worked his heiny off. But then he should have, cuz I'm moving to shack up with him.
After the truck was loaded, my friends Di and Suz went on a run for liquid refreshments while the apartment cleaning commenced.
Before the good-bye's were said, it was only fitting that Di and Suz and Dev and I headed across the street to the old school playground for a walk down memory lane (Di and Suz were held captive there as children). The pics from said adventure are available on my friend Di's myspace page.
After sleeping on the floor that night, Devin and I loaded ourselves into the truck for our great Westward Adventure.......

Comments

Popular Posts