Unexpected Snowy Day

This last Saturday morning when I awoke from a great night’s sleep, there was a surprise waiting for me…

Outside my window was falling lots and lots of snow!

Being from GA, I have not quite become accustomed to this climate. The first week I lived here, there was a big blizzard (at least that’s what I’d call it). Snow really bothers me if I have to drive or travel in it. But Saturday, I didn’t really have anything to do, so I thought it was great.

Dev and I ended up spending the day downtown, sitting in the local coffee shop, listening to novel and poetry readings and sipping hot drinks. That’s my kind of snow day.

It did seem a bit odd that one of the poetry readers had chosen to wear a Hawaiian shirt. Watching him reading (in all his tropical glory) silhouetted against the heavy snowfall outside made for a surreal experience.

And while I’m griping about wardrobing……

I could not believe the number of people I saw wandering around downtown stepping through snow drifts WEARING FLIP FLOPS!! Do these people not having any nerve endings in their feet? It made me cold just looking at them. I would have had pneumonia within 30 seconds if I hadn’t had on 2 pairs of socks and boots.

I guess everything is relative. Maybe those people were Eskimos.

Comments

Popular Posts