Long Time No Blog

So there's been quite a bit going on around here lately.
My adventures at the Community Partnerships office are increasing. I actually got to do a few minutes of a radio show yesterday. I programmed 3 songs.....Allman Brothers (Melissa- that was for you Di), Cake (Sheep Go to Heaven) and Dave Mathews Band (Ants Marching). After some additional training I'll be formating the whole show by myself at least twice a month! I'm envisioning a 99X-type "House of Retro Pleasure" kinda format. I suppose we'll see.
Dev took me practice fly fishing in the park the other day. That was dismal. I know he was getting frustrated with me. But it's just not a natural mechanical action for me. It's kinda like learning how to properly hold a golf club- it doesn't feel natural. And I know Dev meant well, but the whole "10-2 sweetie" thing was making me freak out. Apparently, the proper form for casting involves swinging the pole between 10 and 2 on the imaginary clock. I thought I was doing that, but I guess my clock is different than his. I successfully wound the fly around the string on the pole several times. I'm hoping it will be different once I'm near some actual water. Maybe that will be the inspiration I need. I'm still trying to design a slightly less particular system for catching the fish. Something that involves, say, propping the pole up against a rock and sitting in my chair drinking a beer. That's the way we fish in GA. I mean, does the fish really care that I'm swinging the rod at exactly 10 and 2? I think not. The fish is either hungry enough to eat what you dangle out there, or he's not. I think getting all stressed out about it will create a negative energy field and scare off the fish anyway.
This all may be a moot point anyway, considering that we tried to buy a fishing license for me yesterday at the "Big R" (a local feed store), and they couldn't sell me one because I've been a resident less than 6 months. That doesn't make sense to me. It's not like I'm trying to buy a weapon. Do they not want foreigners stealing all their fish? Dev seems to think we can get one somewhere else and just fib about my move date. I personally do not want to go to prison over a fishing license....especially since even if I get one, I will probably just cast badly and hook the back of my own jacket for 5 hours. I think I'd have better luck finding out where the salmon spawn, then just stand there with a net and wait for them to die on their own. Much less messy and technical. They are going to die anyway......
We are leaving this afternoon to go visit Dev's parents for a long weekend. His classes are out Monday and Tuesday for "Snow Days." I think that's pretty funny. The days it's been blizzarding, they've had class anyway. It's warmed up to freezing here, and now they are getting 2 days off for snow. I don't get it. However, I will take the days off anyway.
We will be going to Grand Junction while we're away. It actually has a Target and a Best Buy. I believe there's even a Kohl's there. I can't wait to wander around in civilization for a few hours. I need some work clothes, and this will be my first opportunity since I moved to buy some things.
Well, it's sushi day down at the local coffee shop, so I must go so I can be first in line for the good stuff......
Everybody have a great weekend and behave!

Comments

Popular Posts