Spring Break 2007






Spring Break is traditionally a time when college students get away for a week and pillage some poor, unsuspecting town. At some point in time, however, college students must grow up. It was with a tinge of regret that I came to terms with the fact that I am not a care-free college student anymore. Truthfully, I haven't been for well over a decade. But now I live very close to a college campus, and my boyfriend is a non-traditional college student. So- as Spring Break drew closer, I began seeing references to wild trips and general craziness. Admittedly, it caused a small pang of regret in my tiny skull.

Luckily, I yanked myself out of pointless reverie and Dev and I planned a sedate, respectable week-long trip.

We began by visiting Dev's parents in Montrose, CO. On the drive over we saw a mountain lion. Apparently this is not a common thing to see. It was slightly surreal. Unfortunately, I was not fast enough on the draw to get a picture of said creature.

After staying a few days and shopping, we headed back to Alamosa. We stopped at a little group of antique stores the day before we left. I convinced Dev to let me take some silly pics of us crawling all over these huge cement animal sculptures. He wasn't really happy about it, but he participated. I think that's half the fun of travelling- taking silly pics to help you remember things.

We decided to spend the remainder of Spring Break playing tourist around the valley. Wednesday we headed to Salida, CO. Thursday we drove to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. Thursday we hiked up to Zapata Falls and visited the Alamosa Wildlife Refuge. I don't remember what we did Friday, cuz we were pooped.

I guess Spring Break just isn't the same when you get old!

Comments

Popular Posts