Lobster Bits

Ok......The only place in this town that bears any passing resemblance to a seafood restaurant is a Long John Silver's. I realize those of you who share the blessing of having been raised on the coast are thinking to yourselves, "Long John Silver's is not a real seafood restaurant." I agree- but everything is relative. Anyway, I digress.
The other day, Dev and I were driving home from the Wal-Mart (that's a whole other blog posting, BTW) and I see the following new entree advertised on the sign of the aforementioned "seafood" restaurant: "Lobster Bits."
I immediately began wondering which bits of the lobster were being served. Is it like lobster bologna (lips and assholes, as my dear father likes to say)? Is it minced lobster parts reassembled to look like a lobster (as in the case of the McRib)? Or is it the naughty bits of the lobster, battered and fried (like lamb fries or something)? How does one tell the difference between a girl and boy lobster, anyway?? I need to do some further research...
I think consumers have a right to know which particular "bits" they are being served.
I am not, however, curious enough to actually order them. Maybe I'll go to the corporate website and see if I can look up the nutritional info on said "bits."
At any rate, if anyone has had them, or heard stomach-pumping stories from someone who has, please enlighten me.

Comments

Popular Posts