Unpacking with the Mormons

We finally arrived at our new home on Friday, December 22nd. We pulled into the parking lot, and I got the first look at my home for the next few years.
I have to say, Devin did a fine job picking the place out. The kitchen is HUGE. I managed to find places for all my kitchen stuff IN THE KITCHEN. I had no more need to use the spare bedroom as the kitchen annex.
We left to get some lunch. When we got back, we were hit in the face with the realization that we had to unload a truck that it had taken 10 people to pack. This, unfortunately, led to a short crying binge on my part. As always, Devin just comforted me and waited for it to pass.
As we were very slowly unloading thousands of boxes, these 2 guys appeared out of nowhere (ok- really they live downstairs). They asked us if we needed any help. Not being an idiot, Dev told them if they didn't mind, he could use help moving the sofa and the freezer. They drove away, and about an hour later, returned with 2 or 3 more guys. Come to find out they are all Mormon missionaries. I can't tell you how much I love Mormons now. I was all prepared to tell them Devin was a Druid priest, in the event they had conversion on their minds. But, all they wanted to do was sing us a Christmas carol. And after a rowsing rendition of "The First Noel," they disappeared into the night.

Comments

Popular Posts