Back In The Kitchen!



Today was the first day in over 2 weeks I have felt like getting in the kitchen and doing something.

As you know, Dev has been making all of our cream cheese and yogurt. I decided to take some of the cream cheese and mix up a batch of boursin. I used Paula Deen's recipe, from her "The Lady and Sons, Too!" cookbook. And I made it for pretty much the same reason she gives in the intro to the recipe...

"The Boursin cheese sold in the grocery store is kind of on the pricey side, so just make your own and enjoy the savings!"- Paula Deen.

Boursin Cheese

1 pound cream cheese (I only used about 3 oz, cuz I only wanted a little bit)
8 ounces whipped butter, room temp. (I used about 2 Tbsp., and it was regular)
1 teaspoon garlic salt (I used garlic powder and a little kosher salt)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (I used fresh)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil (I used fresh)
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram (I didn't have this)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (I used lots more!)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (I used fresh)

Place the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a food processor (I just used a bowl and spatula because I wasn't making a big batch). With the machine running, add the seasonings and process until smoothly blended. Line a medium sized crock or bowl with plastic wrap and fill it with the cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Serve with buttery crackers. This also makes a tasty spread for roast beef sandwiches.

I plan to use mine on bagels, as well as some pastrami sandwiches bound for a picnic in the park.

I think this would also be good stuffed in some grape or cherry tomatoes as a starter for a meal.

Comments

Hetal said…
This is a wonderful recipe,thanx for sharing.

Popular Posts