Chicken Thighs In Yogurt and Onions

Here's the post I promised on the Frugal Gourmet Whole Family Cookbook.

This recipe was really simple and turned out very well.

Chicken Thighs in Yogurt and Onions
from "The Frugal Gourmet Whole Family Cookbook"

3 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
8 chicken thighs
salt and black pepper, to taste
2 cups plain yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

I had to cut this down because I was only using 2 chicken thighs- so I didn't measure anything....

I put some olive oil in a skillet and browned the 2 chicken thighs (which had been salted, peppered and poultry seasoned). I transfered the browned chicken to a glass baking dish.



I added the onions and softened them, then added the garlic (so it wouldn't burn). After about 5 minutes, I took the pan off the heat and added some plain yogurt. I also added salt, pepper and chopped parsley. I then poured the yogurt mixture over the chicken...


and baked it at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes (til the thermometer read 180 degrees).



This could not be easier, and it really tasted good. I served it with some olive oil/lemon potatoes and sugar snap peas. Oh- and some ripe tomato and feta cheese.



You could dress this up any way you wanted- add some curry paste to spice it up a little, or more herbs, almost anything.

I will definitely make this again!

Comments

Ivy said…
Hi Mimi, thanks for joining the Greek food lovers group and it's even better that you have a blog. I shall add you in my blogroll and hope to exchange our views at our blogs as well. Your chicken sounds awesome, I love the ingredients and have bookmarked it.

Popular Posts