What's This???



What's this, you ask?

This, my friends, is a big, steaming plate of "keep your man happy."

Nothing says "I'm glad I shacked up with you" like sausage gravy.

Sausage gravy is really easy to make. I've never measured the ingredients. It's one of those things that can make as much or as little as you want.

Devin made a batch of breakfast sausage the other day, so I figured I would whip up a batch of sausage gravy to go with the biscuits I made over the weekend.

The process is simple:

1- Fry your sausage patties in a skillet (a regular one, not a non-stick- unless you have a whisk coated with silicone). Remove them to an oven safe plate and put them in a 200 degree oven to keep warm til everything else is ready.

2- Add a little veggie oil if your sausage didn't render enough fat to make a roux.

3- Add a few handfuls of flour to the fat in the skillet and whisk it around for a couple of minutes, until it starts to darken a bit.

4- Add as much milk as you want. Basically add milk until it looks like you'll have enough gravy for your biscuits. Then whisk very frequently until it comes to a boil- then back the heat off and simmer it. You never know how thick it will get until it comes to a boil.

5- Add a little salt (taste to make sure you don't overdo it) and LOTS of black pepper.

6- Steal one of the sausage patties out of the oven and chop it up. Sprinkle the sausage in the gravy.

Serve with your biscuits and bask in the ever lasting love and affection of your mate.

Comments

Abby said…
Ha. My husband adores sausage gravy, and I've blogged it, too! Looks yummy.

Popular Posts