Shortcut Pizza Dough


There are nights when I am really craving pizza...but I'm too lazy to make dough, then let it rise. In other words, I need more instant gratification!

My friend Diane, who is my partner over at 1700 Miles of Cooking, posted a recipe for a quick dough, and suggested I give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

Here's the link to her post. I just used the dough part, cuz Dev doesn't like blue cheese.

I used onions, yellow peppers, tomatoes, feta, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses on mine. It turned out wonderfully. Although not the same as traditional, yeast pizza dough, this was definitely a good crust.

Next time I will roll it a tad thinner, and perhaps hold back on the toppings. This would lend itself very well to a pizza marguerita (horrible spelling- sorry) treatment.

So......rent a couple of movies this Friday and make a couple of pizzas. You'll be so glad you did!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah - I did a pizza on this crust the other night - it was pretty tasty and nice not to have to wait for it to rise...I did pre-cook it for about five minutes, but that wasn't really neccessary. Di

Popular Posts