Being Flexible...

The end of the school year was a rough time. Not only had I grown very attached to my little guys, but the thought of not seeing their bright little faces and not hearing their wonderful stories all the time made me sad.
And, of course, there was the general stress from record keeping and permanent file updates.
Then, there was the announcement that Polston was losing funds for para professional positions next year. What?
Yeah- that was the rumor going around the last day of school.
As it turns out it was true, but because of some creativity and flexibility I will still have a job. And actually, I think I will enjoy this more because I will get to know more of the kids in the building AND keep tabs on my babies from last year. It seems I will be the librarian at Polston for the 2008-2009 school year. I love this idea!
I have always enjoyed teaching reading, and when I taught middle school language arts, my favorite part was inspiring my students to read more.
Millions of ideas for the library are flitting through my mind right now. I will get to administer the Accelerated Reader program and lead story times for all the classes in the building. Fun Fun Fun!
Change can be scary- but in this case it definitely turned out to be for the best!

Comments

brooks1986 said…
I am so glad that you'll be sticking around Polston. Jamie just loves Ms. Mimi and he'll be thrilled to see you in the library! I think the library position would be so much fun!! YAY!!!
Anonymous said…
Very good. You'll have to wear your glasses more and some clompy shoes to pull off the librarian look :) = Can't wait to see you.
Di

Popular Posts