Sunday Broiled Breakfast



I am always looking for something new to serve for breakfast on the weekends. Dev loves grapefruit, and there were some pretty ones at the supermarket yesterday. After bringing them home and thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided to try something I haven't had in years- broiled grapefruit.

I actually don't like grapefruit, so I made the same thing only with a large navel orange for me.

There isn't really a recipe. You just cut a grapefruit or orange in half around its equator...


then sprinkle a good bit of brown sugar on the top. Put it under the broiler until the sugar melts and it begins bubbling. After removing it from the oven, sprinkle a little raw sugar on the top to provide a little crunch.

This morning, I served the fruit with a half bagel, also broiled with cream cheese, a tomato slice and some grated sharp cheddar cheese.

Yummie!!

Comments

Popular Posts