Gotta Make Some Granola!



I am addicted to granola. Specifically, I am addicted to Devin's homemade yogurt with honey and granola.

The granola recipe I use is pretty straightforward and simple. I add dried fruit, but not until I add it to my bowl of yogurt because they tend to dry out even more and get harder than a rock when baked.

Here's the recipe (I have no idea where I got it):

Granola

2 1/2 cups oats
1/3 c. pecans
1/3 c. slivered almonds
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons butter

Prepare a baking sheet by putting down a sheet of parchment.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon. In a microwave safe bowl, nuke butter and honey for about 30 seconds (til butter is melted). Pour butter/honey mixture over oat mixture and combine. When oats are evenly covered, spread mixture on baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes, then mix it around. Bake for about 20 minutes more. Cool and store in a ziplock bag or tupperware container.

One recipe lasts me about a week, if I eat some every morning.

Comments

Popular Posts