Kentucky Biscuits



Sometimes I just crave biscuits. They are nice to have around for quick morning breakfasts, plus they make great dessert with butter and cane syrup.

I should probably confess at this point that I suck at making biscuits. My father makes great biscuits, but apparently I did not inherit the biscuit making gene. I have tried many times, with miserable results.

So imagine my surprise when I was reading my 207 food blogs a few weeks ago and ran into a post on "My Wooden Spoon" about Kentucky Biscuits. According to the author of the blog, they are almost fool-proof. Well- that was all the challenge I needed. Here is the link to the post. And she was right- these are pretty much idiot proof. One note, though- the ingredients call for 1/2 c. butter, but it doesn't specify softened or chilled. I used softened and the biscuits came out just fine. And I mixed the batter with my hands- no need dirtying another spoon, right?

You simply must try this recipe if you have not had much luck with biscuits in the past. I promise they will be ok. Really!

Next time, I will double the recipe and see if I can pat them out and cut them with biscuit cutters. I'll let you know if it works!

Comments

I cooked her Kentucky Biscuits too (see here). They are easy, aren't they? AND yummy.

Popular Posts