One More Germ for the Road...

It seems my wonderful little charges have managed to infect me with one last flu bug for the school year. This is the lame reason I am giving for my shocking lack of posts this week. I have been trying not to miss any work this week because it's the end of the school year and things are a bit- umm....INSANE.

So tonight's dinner will be blamed on the combined influences of 1- Tylenol Cold and Flu, 2- Extreme Hunger that then turned to nausea as soon as I smelled the food cooking, 3- Creativity and 4- Necessity.

I had half a can of potato soup in the ice box. I ate the other half (almost) for dinner last night. I sauted 2 slices of bacon in a small saucepan and added about a quarter of a chopped onion. Then I threw in a handful of frozen white corn kernels. After they warmed up, I deglazed the pot with some white wine and let it cook out a couple of minutes. Then I slogged in the half a can of potato soup (it wasn't even a name brand- it was store brand). I brought it to a boil and turned it off.

I ate 3 bites and left the table. Dev seemed to enjoy it.

There is no pic because I'm sick and you will just have to deal with it! Maybe I'll recover this weekend in time to do some cooking. Worse case scenario I will be free after the 21st, so I know the cooking will pick up after then.

Until then, I will survive on cold medicine and hot green tea. If anyone has any amazing herbal remedies, please feel free to leave a comment!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm - no magic wand here. I'd suggest a good belt of whiskey and as much sleep as you can get this weekend! Feel better :) Di

Popular Posts